This page contains the known issues for the Chestnut shipment of phones as supplied to users.
When charging the phone using a charger, 12V negotiation and rapid charging can fail.To help prevent this, follow these step to charge the phone:When unplugging:
- Unplug the power adapter (wall wart) from the power outlet.
- Plug one end of the USB-cable into the adapter and the other end into the phone.
- Plug the adapter into the power outlet.This failure mode does not affect 5V charging over a USB 2.0 cable.
- Unplug the adapter from the power outlet first.
- Then unplug the USB-C cable from the phone.
The battery installed in the phone is labelled with a capacity of 2000 mAh.
This is a conservative estimate of the capacity. Later iterations of the phone should have higher capacity batteries.
Power management and heat issues are caused by various subsystems. The processor will be run more slowly to prevent overheating, affecting processing performance.
The phone may restart if you remove or insert the SIM card while it is powered.
This is due to the type of SIM tray in use. Users should power off the phone before replacing SIM cards.
Wi-Fi does not always start up correctly on boot even if it is enabled with the hardware switch. Disabling and re-enabling it with the switch should activate it.
Rapid charging currently only works when using the charger supplied with the phone.